71. A Patchwork Item
72. A Shopping Bag made from recycled materials
73. Knit for Peace – knit a Teddy for a Refugee Child (see pattern below)
74. A Crocheted Item
75. Make a Pillow Case Dress, (click Little Dresses for Africa online or contact Anna Cooper for more details 01473 652725)
76. A Knitted Garment for an Adult
77. Photograph ‘A View Including a Gate’ (max size 180mm x 130mm mounted on max size 200mm x 150mm)
78. A Piece of Machine Embroidery
79. A Piece of Cross Stitch
80. Any Item of Craftwork not in the Schedule
Teddy Bear Knitting Pattern
The bear is worked in stocking stitch throughout and is knitted from the feet up, over the top of the head and down the other side to the feet again.
Double knitting yarn and a pair of size 3.75 needles
Begin with the legs and work 2.
Cast on 8 stitches and work 16 rows. Break the yarn and leave the stitches on the needle. Cast on another 8 stitches and work another 16 rows.
To work the body, knit across both legs and then work 12 rows.
To work the arms, cast on 8 stitches at the beginning of the next 2 rows. Work 8 more rows, then cast off 8 stitches at the beginning of the next 2 rows.
To make the head, work 38 rows on the 16 stitches that you have left.
To make the second side of the arms, cast on 8 stitches at the beginning of the next 2 rows and work 8 more rows. Then cast off 8 stitches at the beginning of the next 2 rows.
To make the second side of the body, work 12 rows.
To make the second side of the legs, work the ﬁrst 8 stitches and then work 16 rows on these stitches.
Cast off. Return to the remaining 8 stitches and work 16 rows on them. Cast off.
To make up the bear, fold the knitting in half and line up the sides, pinning if necessary.
Using mattress stitch and working on the right side, sew around the bear leaving an opening at the crotch area.
At the ears, arms and feet, round off the sewing up slightly.
Before inserting the stufﬁng, create the ears by stitching across the head at an angle, making 2 triangle-shaped ears.
Either create eyes and a nose with yarn or use buttons.
Stuff the bear with synthetic toy stufﬁng, shaping the head as you go.
Close the crotch area.