Please state age on entry form.
Click here for some hints and tips on Cookery entries
Art and Craft:
105. A Photograph ‘Shopping’ (max size 180mm x 130mm mounted on max size 200mm x 150mm)
106. A Greetings Card (any medium including computer generated)
107. A Hand-drawn picture of a Mythical Creature
108. A Decorated Stone
109. A Decorated Hardboiled Egg
110. An Item of Jewellery (any medium)
111. 4 Fruit Scones, recipe of your choice
112. 4 Blueberry Muffins
113. 1 Suffolk Apple Cake (recipe below)
114. 4 Jam Tarts
115. Potato Challenge! Potatoes grown in a bag/bucket, seed potato supplied, please see additional note
116. A Vase of Garden Flowers
117. A Bowl of Floating Flower Heads
118. Chilli Challenge! Grow your own chilli plant from seed supplied (see additional note) and bring it for judging on show day
Recipe for Suffolk Apple Cake
8oz self-raising flour
8oz raisins and sultanas
1lb cooking apples (peeled cored and diced)
1 egg beaten with 2 tbsp of milk
Pinch of salt
3oz gran sugar
½ tsp cinnamon Sugar to sprinkle on the top
2lb loaf tin, lined
Method: Sieve flour and salt.
Rub in the marg, add the sugar and the spice.
Add apple cubes and the dried fruit. Mix the egg and milk and add.
Put into the tin, sprinkle the top with sugar.
Cook at 180 C for about 1 hour.