Flower Show Entry Rules 2017
How to enter:-
- Select the classes you wish to enter and fill in the form in the Programme (either use the downloadable pdf or obtain a paper copy from the Burstall phone box). There is a charge of 30p for each exhibit entered except for the children’s classes (Divisions 9, 10 & 11) which are free.
- Deliver the form plus cash or cheque (no cheques for less than £5 please) made payable to Burstall Village Club to Burstall House, Burstall IP8 3DP by 5pm on the Wednesday before the show.
- On the day of the show bring your entries to the marquee between 8 am and 10 am. (Judging begins at 10.30 am and everybody must have left the marquee by then).
- All baked items should be on paper plates, in a clear plastic bag (no cling film please). Preserves should be in non-commercial jars and must have new lids.
- On arrival at the marquee collect the cards that have been prepared for you and place your entries in the appropriate area. (Please ask if you need help).
- The marquee will be open to visitors from 1 pm until 4.30 pm. Please remove your entries after that time. If you wish to donate them to the show auction, please make it known by using the stickers supplied.
- Trophies will be presented at 4.45 pm. Prize money may be collected from the show treasurer in the marquee from 4.15 pm.
For more information on how to prepare entries for showing please keep an eye on this website.
- Judging is according to the Royal Horticultural Society Rules and the decisions of the judges are final. Any person using any means to deceive the judges will forfeit all prizes and be debarred from entering future shows.
- Flower and vegetable entries must have been grown by the exhibitor for at least two months prior to the show, although flowers may be purchased for the flower arranging classes (Division 4).
- Handicraft items must have been made by the exhibitor and must not have been entered previously.
- Only one entry per person in each class is allowed.
- Late entries, ie those not made by the Wednesday before the show, will be charged at a rate of 50p each on show day.
The Burstall Horticultural Society, the Cranfield Memorial Trust, the Burstall Village Hall, Fiske Lands Trust and Fiske Farms, their officers and employees will not be responsible for or accountable to any person whatsoever for any damage or loss to the property of any person whatsoever or for any accident or injury, fatal or otherwise or any damage or loss that may occur to any person or animal or vehicle whilst upon the showground or car parks or whilst entering or leaving the same. Acceptance of the foregoing provisions shall be a condition of entry.
Only assistance dogs are allowed in the marquee
Proceeds to Village Hall funds
Burstall Village Hall is a Registered Charity Reg. No. 304722